Inspire kids aged 10 and up and their families with this buildable play-and-display LEGO® Monkie Kid™ Dragon of the East Palace (80049) set. Packed with details from the iconic Monkey King legend, this model is an underwater fantasy world with an opening front that slides to reveal the palace interior and multiple rooms. There are also lots of play starters, including the Monkey King’s Golden Staff, rotating dragon and more.
Build a palace
The set includes 8 action minifigures, including Monkie Kid in scuba gear, Monkey King, Dragon of the East, Turtle Minister, 2 Shrimp Soldiers and 2 Crab Generals. Kids can also enjoy an easy and intuitive building adventure with the LEGO Builder app, which lets them zoom in and rotate models in 3D, track their progress and save sets while they build.
Create new tales
Collectible LEGO Monkie Kid creative gifts are inspired by the classic Journey to the West novel and are a way for adults to share the Monkey King legend with children in a modern and playful way.
- Inspired by the legend – This intricately detailed LEGO® Monkie Kid™ Dragon of the East Palace (80049) set lets children and families recreate an iconic world and reimagine legendary tales together
- 8 LEGO® minifigures – Monkie Kid, Monkey King, Dragon of the East, Turtle Minister, 2 Crab Generals and 2 Shrimp Soldiers for fun role-play action, plus weapons, a hidden scroll and other play starters
- Iconic location – Recreate the distinctive underwater palace of the Dragon of the East, featuring multiple detailed rooms, an opening function and a rotating dragon with a posable arm
- Play features – Split the stone in the front to open both sides of the palace, pose the dragon holding the orb in different ways or slide the dragon bed to reveal the hidden scroll
- Gift idea for ages 10 and up – Give this 2,364-piece LEGO® Monkie Kid™ set as a birthday or holiday gift for kids who want to set a trend and enjoy legendary adventure stories full of epic characters
- Play and display – The fully opened palace measures over 14.5 in. (37 cm) high, 18.5 in. (47 cm) wide and 9.5 in. (25 cm) deep and encourages both endless play and opportunities for display
- A new way to build – The LEGO® Builder app guides your child on an intuitive building adventure with tools that let them zoom in and rotate models in 3D while they build
- Extend the play – This LEGO® Monkie Kid™ set can be mixed with other Monkie Kid sets (80046, 80047 and 80048, sold separately) to enhance the creative adventures kids invent and play out
- Premium quality – Since 1958, LEGO® components have met strict industry quality standards to ensure that they connect consistently and strongly
- Tested for safety – LEGO® building bricks and pieces are thoroughly tested to make sure that they comply with stringent global safety standards
Christchurch Brick Shop is a family run business based in Christchurch, New Zealand. The store was founded in 2007, and in 2022 Hayley and Hayden took over running it. For the past fourteen years, they have had another unrelated business (a translation company), and prior to that, before the earthquakes, had the Cathedral Café (the cafe attached to the Christ Church Cathedral) and a successful Subway store.
With three teenagers, they are no strangers to the joy of LEGO as it has been a staple Christmas present in their home for many years, with anything Harry Potter always a firm favourite. The whole family is currently working on the Eiffel Tower together.
They source collectable and out of production LEGO sets from all over the world, leveraging the expertise of LEGO and e-commerce to bring these to their customers.