Children will love building The City of Lanterns and can enjoy a 360-degree play experience with this LEGO® Monkie Kid™ playset (80036). It features a LEGO toy shop, hotel, Speedy Panda store, 2 restaurants, karaoke booth, bubble tea café and a rapid transit train and track that weaves its way around the city. The buildings are easy to detach and can be combined in multiple ways to create a unique city.
Bring the city to life
The set, for ages 9 and up, has 7 minifigures, including Monkie Kid, Mei and Pigsy, who has a buildable ‘hat air’ balloon and portable kitchen, plus 2 buildable robots and lots of fun accessories. Printed step-by-step instructions are included in the box to help youngsters build with confidence.
Building new legends
LEGO Monkie Kid construction toys are inspired by the classic Journey to the West novel and are an awesome way for families to celebrate today’s version of the Monkey King legend through creative play.
- Highly detailed buildable city – Children can build The City of Lanterns (80036) in their own way and role-play scenes from the Monkie Kid animated series with this toy playset
- 7 LEGO® minifigures bring the city to life – Monkie Kid in a tourist outfit, Mr. Tang, Mei, Pigsy, Han, Huang and a train driver, plus buildable Citybot A05 and Citybot A16 robots and many accessories
- Lots to explore – A LEGO® toy shop, Lotus Hotel, Speedy Panda store, 2 restaurants, K-TV karaoke booth, bubble tea café, sky train track with a Pigsy-branded train, plus a detachable Fire Ring
- Easy to rearrange – It is easy to detach each building and rearrange the city. The set also includes a buildable ‘hat air’ balloon and portable kitchen for Pigsy, to add to the play possibilities
- Gift idea for ages 9 and up – Give this 2,187-piece LEGO® set as a birthday, holiday or surprise gift to trendsetting kids who enjoy action-adventure stories full of mythical characters
- Play and display – The city measures over 15 in. (38 cm) high, 17 in. (43 cm) wide and 9 in. (23 cm) deep
- Step-by-step instructions – Printed instructions are included in the box to guide every step of the building experience
- Educational toy – LEGO® Monkie Kid™ sets are designed to be a fun, creative way for parents and grandparents to pass on legendary tales of the Monkey King to the next generation
- Top quality, no compromises – Since 1958, LEGO® components have met strict industry quality standards to ensure that they connect consistently and securely
- Tested for safety – LEGO® building bricks and pieces are thoroughly tested to make sure that they comply with rigorous global safety standards
Christchurch Brick Shop is a family run business based in Christchurch, New Zealand. The store was founded in 2007, and in 2022 Hayley and Hayden took over running it. For the past fourteen years, they have had another unrelated business (a translation company), and prior to that, before the earthquakes, had the Cathedral Café (the cafe attached to the Christ Church Cathedral) and a successful Subway store.
With three teenagers, they are no strangers to the joy of LEGO as it has been a staple Christmas present in their home for many years, with anything Harry Potter always a firm favourite. The whole family is currently working on the Eiffel Tower together.
They source collectable and out of production LEGO sets from all over the world, leveraging the expertise of LEGO and e-commerce to bring these to their customers.